Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wiki's are wacky

So after staring at the computer screen for what seemed like years I was finally able to figure out what this wacky thing called a wiki was. I'll have to admit that after looking at the different wiki's I was still confused as to what the purpose of it was. My good friend Patrick here in what I like to call CHI-town (Children's) explained to me what it really was. He gave an example of what a Library Wiki might look like and what I could do with it.


My first note of advice:
If you don't know then ask!!!!

2 comments:

abbie said...

lol, i'm glad you figured out what a wiki was.

personally, i prefer to think of "wiki, wiki, wacky Waikiki!"

;)

man. i should have named my blog "pineapple princess!"

Anonymous said...

A good place to see the simplified wiki is wetpaint.com. I have my own wiki there ( http://saltcycle.wetpaint.com ) for my main website ( saltcycle.com ) to encourage people in the community to contribute their various bicycling ideas/reviews to one source. While mine hasn't been terribly effective, its good to mess around with wiki idea just to generate ideas that a community can work on. Oh, and one last link - a mini easy to understand tutorial on wikis that is very well done from common craft - http://www.commoncraft.com/video-wikis-plain-english